Design creates culture, culture
shapes values, and values
determine the future…
Design is a powerful force
in the world today, and with
power comes responsibility….
We have a vision of a world that is peaceful, balanced, and equitable for all… a colourful world in which diversity is celebrated and differences are embraced… a world in which stimulated human beings live creative, thoughtful lives in harmony with nature… a world in which faith rises above fear, and in which abundance alleviates suffering. Utopian? Maybe, but that's what vision is all about.
We think of design as the “application of intent.” Our mission is to design—to use our collective intellect, talents, and abilities in the service of clients, projects, and initiatives that make a positive difference in shaping the world we envision.
Some basic values influence both our individual and collective conduct.
We strive to have our actions reflect these values:
- we conduct ourselves ethically, with integrity, and as good stewards
- we show deference for human beings and the natural environment
- we think sustainably, and carefully consider the outcomes of our actions
- we act in the spirit of globalism and cooperation
- we respect others and embrace social, ethnic, and cultural diversity
- we strive for the best, and for continual improvement
Many years ago we compiled a type of manifesto that reflects our collective attitude to life, work, and play. Download a PDF version of Maxim/Dictum here.